View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huggabull
Raider

re: Life's ups and downs.

I'm sure I'll get the third degree, but in short... I'm working on coming back. A lot of things have happened over the last two-three weeks that have made things impossible for me to play (and miss the start of the expansion unfortunately, which has now put me way the fuck behind).

One of the biggest ones was this...

Forum Image

All of my roommates and myself included got sick, very sick. Turns out we had a wall full of mold and we had to have a wall ripped out only to find quite a good deal of the shit in the wall. (black mold, so we were vacated from our apartment for about a week).

The following week I was out for my birthday, we all went down to Galveston beach and got shit faced and I returned on monday to a somewhat failing PC and a shit storm at work. Sorry for not getting word to you guys sooner, but I've been a bit of a roller coaster the last bit and trying not to rip off a few people's heads.

I've got some things ordered to arrive this week (new PSU, Cooler, Fans, Case, etc.. and a GPU which has been 5 years behind. I was using a 550ti... yes.... laugh now). Once I've got those installed this week I should be up and running. I can try to get on sooner, but computer BSODs every now and again and I'm honestly fed up with it at this point and would rather not scream at a screen unless it's killing internet monsters.

Again, sorry I haven't been around. :/
Sins24
Senior Raider

Wow that fucken sucks
Huggabull
Raider

Sins24 wrote:
Wow that fucken sucks

I'll honestly be impressed if the GPU and case get here tomorrow like it's claiming...

Forum Image
Huggabull
Raider

.... I knew it. You're killing me smalls...

Forum Image
Sins24
Senior Raider

Boo
Huggabull
Raider

Sins24 wrote:
Boo

I also somehow didn't notice (how... I don't know) that my monitor isn't mountable without the damn adapter..., so the stand I bought was useless. Luckily a friend had a spare 24" 144hz monitor he was selling so I went and grabbed it... soooo anybody want a 23" AOC LED monitor? (I2367F) I'll cut you a deal on it. XD it's like 2 months old.
Huggabull
Raider

Last parts arrived...

but.. seriously.. what the fuck. Was there really a need for a box this damn big? It was a computer case and a GPU. Any guesses on how it was packed? :/

Backpack and dogs for scale...

Forum Image

Why yes... the graphics card looked VERY secure with all the extra space. (yes, I'm testing the fuck out of it and Amazon has already offered to replace it if I find any issues now or within a month)

Forum Image
Huggabull
Raider

All parts now accounted for... (minus a few luxuries that I can do without for now, but are on the way).

All put together. c: She looks all puurrrddy. One of the fans is kinda janky, so I'll likely order another set and replace it. Graphics card is being tested and clocked appropriately while I run some heating and venting tests as the new thermal paste sets.

... probably gonna upgrade that wireless card to an A/C one. c:

Forum Image

There are no front fans on this case, it pulls in from the back and the bottom and I'm venting it out of the rear.

Forum Image

Tempered glass action... awww yeah. <3

Forum Image

Alive and kicking!

Forum Image

But which monitor to use.... >.<

Forum Image

After I test it a bit more I'll likely start playing catch up through the weekend. We'll see where I end up. D:
Sins24
Senior Raider

Orange is awesome. That's what most of my inside is like
Theoremm
Raider

Very cool. And I thought I'd built a slick machine... (hint: I did not. >.<)
Huggabull
Raider

Theoremm wrote:
Very cool. And I thought I'd built a slick machine... (hint: I did not. >.<)

Color me super happy when I decided to roll the dice and stay as Fury on my warrior (even though Arms was top dps)... and then wowhead got patch notes for hotfixes and fury is getting decently buffed. :> Uber happy with that. Arms just wasn't my forte, and I like lugging around to giant weapons as fury much better.
Tokmonk
Raider

Happy you found something to play that you're happy with Trem, cya soon!

Well I'm 843 now... umm.. o.o oh, you guys are even more melee heavy now.. WHELP! I signed up, if there's room for shit dps, let me know. .
Tokmonk
Raider

Well done Trem, hope to see you in raid very soon.

So one of my fans died on me Saturday... (I knew it was coming, it was the only one that made noise) and pre-empted it by ordering new fans before it died. I needed to get more anyways and it was the perfect excuse to... c: well!

Forum Image

Picture is kinda grainy since I took it with the lights off, but you get the idea. :D
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Broken Forum Index -> Public Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum